Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Most of March/Playing Catch Up

I've calmed down a bit with my travel. It's too cold to go anywhere, and I want to explore the beauty of Warsaw more. I got dinner with Sarah one evening, as is becoming our tradition. It's nice to get out. Classes are struggling along as usual.

Amanda visited us again to pick up her Beat headphones. We spent a few lovely days in Warsaw - going to Jeff's American Diner, vermouth, and movies. A movie that I've been dying to see - Hysteria - was finally out in Poland. Elaine says it's not out in America yet, which surprises me. It's a British film about the invention of the vibrator. It's an historical romantic comedy. I adore Maggie Gyllenhaal, who starred in it. I wouldn't say the movie was the best, but it was definitely worth watching.

Amanda left Monday morning, so I got back to my schedule - tutoring, teaching, and the like. That following Sunday was the nicest weather in Warsaw in ages. Lola and I ventured to Lazienki Park. We went through the Palace on the Water, the Old Orangery, and Myslewicki Palace. This was quite good preparation so I knew for sure if these things are worth seeing when my parents come.



There's still so much in Warsaw/Poland that I need to see. Warsaw has a plethora of little, kitschy museums. I still want to go to the Chopin museum and the Museum of Technology and the Museum of the Polish Peasant. I'd also like to go back to the Poster Museum when they have a normal exhibit once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment