Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Betty's Talk

This week has been uneventful.

Wednesday was frustrating because my lesson plan fell flat. I have no idea what my students are doing in their other classes. So I struck out in class by repeating their other lessons by accident. I also gave them an assignment that will be a waste of their time. Frustrating for me and for them.

Thursday, Betty was speaking at the University of Warsaw's American Studies Center. This is only a twenty minute walk (tops) from our apartment. So I headed to her speech. It was a really interesting commentary on the public presence of the President. She looked at various State of the Union speeches, how US Presidents spoke to the media (and how often), etc. We watched youtube clips of different speeches. In the end, I'm not sure there was a definite conclusion or argument about what is the best way to approach the public. However, I learned a little bit more - and watched some speeches I should've seen already. Because I'm supposed to be an enlightened American citizen.

I then arranged some private tutoring - as in, I am tutoring a young Polish girl in English. Then I studied Polish. Which was good. Refreshing. I'm trying to do a bunch of studying before Mom & Dad get here so it's easier to talk to the Polish family. It's tough to rely on their English. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment