Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Polish Mass and Music

One of the mainstays of my time in Poland is karaoke. As such, I'd love to learn some Polish music, but I have no idea what is popular, how to find lyrics, and how to translate them. Luckily, there's at least one site that has a few songs up. They aren't all currently popular (and they aren't all to my taste), but this site has a rough translation from Polish to English along with a short English biography of the singer and a youtube video of the song.

Maybe I'll learn this one for next week's karaoke.

Anyway, today I figured I'd better brave Mass, even though I still haven't memorized the Ojcze Nasz. It was fine, except I was largely confused. I'm having a real hard time finding parts of the Mass online in a Polish-English translation. Also, not everyone went to communion! My mother said that she believed that the Polish people take confession much more seriously than we do at home. So perhaps I was sitting in between the sinners...

It frustrated me a bit because I felt like I missed the important part of the Mass. However, the odd bumps that appeared on my hand while in Warsaw diminished while I was at Mass. Perhaps God was recognizing my attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment