Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

And the weekend classes start up again

Saturday and Sunday were the first of my weekend classes. My syllabus was rather intense. Not in the school work way. Rather in the "Don't mess with me" way. I gave them a lecture about plagiarism. I figured I wasn't clear enough last semester that they WOULD fail the class if they cheated. So, I tried to emphasize that this time.  I think having a syllabus was helpful just because it's something the students can read in case they don't understand something I say. So I'm going to work on that in the future.

As I mentioned before... we played a lot of pictionary. It worked pretty well on my Saturday class, but I sent out  the list of idioms to all my classes that night. So, imagine my surprise when nearly all of my students had the list for the Sunday classes. So, when they got idioms like "One smart cookie," They would just draw a cookie and wait for their classmates to go through the list and find the idiom that uses the word "cookie."

After work on Saturday, I grabbed an early dinner with Sarah. Then she joined me down in Mokotow for brownie making and Glee. The brownies were a nice addition to...

The Fulbright potluck!

That's right, we had a Fulbright potluck, hosted by one of the professors. It was just a small group of us, but we spent 5 hours chatting and eating and having a generally very enjoyable time. I really really like this new group of professors. The ones based in Warsaw are particularly awesome.

In other news, a ton of movies are leaving Netflix on the first of the month, so I've dominated movie watching while updating the blog and adding comments to my papers. I've seen some great American classics - Scarface, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, The Odd Couple, and the Valley of the Dolls for a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment