Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Return to Poland

So, I arrived back in Poland on January 5th. I then struggled with jet lag in the most unfortunate way. I could barely stay awake past 6 pm, which makes sense. Because at 6 pm in Warsaw, it's already been pitch black for over two hours. Life was pretty uneventful.

I met up with my friend Monika and Embassy John. Monika is from Canada, but her grandparents live just outside Warsaw. She was in town just for the holidays. So, we met up. Travel-weary, I didn't even realize that it was the Epiphany. So almost everything was closed. Luckily, Monika and I found a nice little restaurant where we consumed some obiad.

The next day, I went to the old town to return some dishes to Billy. While there,  I hunted for a foil nativity scene like the one below. Luckily, Christmas stuff was still in the stores since the Epiphany was just on January 6th.


I felt like I was being super productive by leaving the apartment when I didn't actually need to do so. It was a refreshing way to begin a new year in Poland. I'm determined to go out and be adventurous. Or, if not adventurous, at least to go out.

1 comment:

  1. I love the nativity scene, and I love your New Year's Resolution

    ReplyDelete