Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dropkick Murphys

Despite the fact that Lola is desperately ill, we went to the Dropkick Murphy's concert Tuesday night. It was in a bar not far from my apartment called Stodola (which, I believe, translates to "the barn" because when I google imaged the name, I got images of barns).

Stodola is a fairly large venue once you get in. In another example of Polish inefficiency, the coat check was right by the door. So you come in the door and turn right and check your coat. Great, right? Except, there becomes a line. Then no one can get in. That wasn't a huge deal for us. The problem was leaving. Everyone blocked the door, waiting in line to get their coats so they could leave.

This is the same illogical thought process that makes their movie theaters have a line for every cashier. Then, when you finish purchasing your ticket, you fight your way back through the line to get out. There's not a "flow" or an "entrance -> exit" pattern.

Anyway, Lola and I moseyed upstairs to nurse a beer while the opening act played. We finished and wandered downstairs just in time to get a place in the middle of the crowd for the concert.


Consider a concert this way. The first half of the audience moshes. The second half nods their heads. The fringes near the front really like the band but hate moshing. The fringes near the back have heard maybe two songs by the band ever. That's just a theory.

Lola and I were right behind the moshing.

The band was surprisingly awesome live. I guess I knew they would be because they've been together and touring forever. But it seems like with some of the harder rock groups, that you just hear screaming vocals. But I could make out most of the lyrics fairly easily.

After the concert, Lola and I nursed another beer while we waited for the traffic jam in front of the door to clear out. Then we purchased cute Dropkick Murphys tshirts. Yes, we're pretty fly. It was good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment