Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Ikea

Ikea is no NFM (which, personally, I find to be a dumb and non-intuitive acronym for Nebraska Furniture Mart), but it was definitely useful. Roomie and I picked up a second bed (so roomie doesn't have to sleep on the uncomfortable futon in the living room any more. This means that we now have my ideal set up of a sleeping room and a living room. We also got boxes and a bedside table, lamp, bedding (PILLOWS! I missed having a pillow so badly, but they were so expensive at the mall by us), etc. We still need some kitchen things - a mixer and a frying pan are at the top of my list - but otherwise, the apartment is fairly well set up.

So, I met roomie and her father for brunch before heading to Ikea. We had a bit of a problem because Ikea in Polish is more like "ee-kay-uh," so the taxi driver wasn't sure where we wanted to go at first. It was only slightly awkward. Eventually we got to eekayuh, and took approximately three hours getting our wonderful wonderful wonderful (and incredibly cheap) purchases.

Coming back to the apartment involved moving furniture and redecorating things, so the apartment looks entirely different than it did yesterday when I gave my parents the grand tour via Skype (when Cooper - the most adorable puppy ever - kept licking the speakers because he heard my voice. This almost makes up for the fact that he didn't deem it necessary to say "goodbye" to me.)

I'm super happy about the changes. It's a bit more crowded with the furniture changes, but it's incredibly more homey. After that, we had a sushi feast at the mall. It was delicious, and I'm incredibly happily full now. Also exhausted from trying to get everything put together. I was going to try and finish another row on the scarf I started yesterday, but I think it might be time to take out my contacts and read a very short chapter of Eat, Pray, Love before collapsing into delicious, exhausted sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment