Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pumped Up Kicks

Lola convinced me to go to a concert with her. What concert you ask? Foster the People! Warsaw actually has quite the concert scene. In fact billboards on their buses are advertising a new CocoRosie album or something. Which surprises me because, really, I didn't think anyone in America knew who CocoRosie is... let alone Europe...

So, Lola and I head out to the concert. Because they only have one album, they sang every song on it. Which wasn't a problem for me, as I'd spent the entire night before listening to it over and over in preparation. Some of the songs were really enjoyable! But it was also the first time I'd listened to "Pumped Up Kicks" - their hit song - and realized how dark and violent it is (about gun violence in schools). I guess I should pay more attention to the lyrics on the radio instead of assuming that unilaterally they have no depth.


1 comment:

  1. I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete