Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas in Warsaw

When Christmas arrived in Warsaw, it brought lights with it to decorate the streets. One evening, Lola and I met up with Billy and Amanda for dinner. I took photos of some of the lights on Nowy Swiat as we wandered, looking for a delicious dinner spot. 



Presidential Palace

At dinner that night, the owner of the restaurant became good friends with us. After I ordered a beer, he proceeded to ask if I was above 18. When I told him I was 22, he then proceeded to ask for ID. As a joke. But it took me a while.

He talked to us for a long time. In Polish. So sometimes I understood him and sometimes we all relied on Amanda for translation. After ordering after dinner coffee drinks (one with Krupnik), I asked him what to do with the Krupnik I have at home. After all, I wasn't positive what to use as a mixer. He told me to invite him over.

That evening, Lola and I waited for the bus that would take us from the restaurant to Polskie Radio where we would catch another bus to our apartment. As the bus pulled up, we said our goodbyes. I turned to get on the bus, and the doors shut in my face. I was at the front of the bus, so the door I was in front of was right next to the driver. He didn't open the doors again. There was no button to press to get the door to open. Lola and I had to take the metro home after that, and we left with confusion clouding our countenances.

No comments:

Post a Comment