Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grammar and Keyboards

I'm never going to learn Polish! Also, the Polish language keyboard I downloaded for my laptop is super confusing. I'm beginning to learn where everything is, but it's hard to remember to switch my y's and z's when typing.

Anyway, today's frustration results from finally completing a written exercise in Polish on LiveMocha.

The parts in orange are the corrections! And, the reviewer forgot to change "Jesteś gruba" to "Jesteś gruby" because technically it's the same "you" as in "Jesteś bogaty!" I'm terrible with subject/verb agreements. It's my downfall after six years of French, too.

Ten chłopiec jest niski. On jest młody. Ta kobieta jest stara. Ona jest niska. Ten mężczyzna jest wysoki. On jest gruby. Jestem biedny. Jestem wysoki. Jesteś bogaty. Jesteś gruba. Dziewczyna jest niska. Dziewczyna jest młoda.

On jest (he's) wysoki, gruby, niski, ładny

Ona jest (she's) wysoka, gruba, niska, ładna

Check out the confusing the Polish international keyboard for QWERTY US keyboards (compliments of Microsoft).



No comments:

Post a Comment